Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Beginings

The time has finally arrived.  As I finish my last days in this country I am overwhelmed by an schizophrenic mixture of emotions.  I am sad, excited, tired, confused, empowered, and slightly angry.  I feel as thought things are not coming together exactly how I imagined, but I have to have faith that they are coming together the way they should.  i am being a adventure and recent obstacle's, arguments, and unsuccessful endeavors seems to be a constant reminder to myself about how important patient are through out this process and once I am in Botswana.   As my excitement grows my mind seems to be on a trapeze swinging back and forth on weather this is the right decision am I going to fall on my face how can I be in control of a life that is going super nova.  The truth of the matter is I have no control all I have is an emergency kit that can hopefully save me from any pitfall.  I may not be ready but i think i am prepared.  Nothing left to do but plant my feet, grit my teeth, and hold on cause it is about to be a bumpy ride.  I am confident that in the end I will make it work. 
Love you all for your support stay tuned to see how this adventure progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Dana Irving, you are an amazing person. peace corp. hard core girlfriend, you are going to rock it, and although im sure the change is hard, give it some time. you'll realize there is so much out there, you'll never want to come home! i can't wait to hear your stories!

    ReplyDelete